Dr Ngaw Chee Keong is currently a lecturer at Chulalongkorn University, teaching chemical engineering related courses in the Nano Engineering undergraduate program. He formerly graduated with a Bachelors (Hons) in Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering and was awarded an Interdisciplinary Graduate Scholarship to further pursue his PhD degree at NTU. As a PhD researcher, he was highly involved in numerous ground-breaking discoveries and developed many high performance catalyst for solar energy production.
Ph.D. - Nanyang Technological University, Singapore 2012-2016
- Interdisciplinary Graduate School
- Dissertation: Rational Design of Highly Efficient Visible Light Driven
Photocatalyst for Enhanced H2 Evolution
BEng. - Nanyang Technological University, Singapore 2006-2010
- Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
• Reaction Engineering (2185373)
• Transport Phenomena (21853330)
• Thermodynamics in materials engineering (2185302)
1. C.K. Ngaw, C. Zhao, V.B. Wang, S. Kjelleberg, T.T.Y. Tan, Q. Zhang, S.C.J. Loo, A graphene/carbon nanotube biofilm based solar-microbial fuel device for enhanced hydrogen generation, Sustainable Energy Fuels, 2017, 1, 191-198.
2. C.K. Ngaw, V.B. Wang, Z. Liu, Y. Zhou, S. Kjelleberg, Q. Zhang, T.T.Y. Tan, S.C.J. Loo, Enhancement in hydrogen evolution using Au-TiO2 hollow spheres with microbial devices modified with conjugated oligoelectrolytes, Npj Biofilms Microbiomes, 2015, 1, 15020.
3. C.K. Ngaw, Q. Xu, T.T.Y. Tan, P. Hu, S. Cao, J.S.C. Loo, A strategy for in-situ synthesis of well-defined core–shell Au@TiO2 hollow spheres for enhanced photocatalytic hydrogen evolution, Chem. Eng. J., 2014, 257, 112-121.
4. P.Hu, C.K. Ngaw, Y. Yuan, P.S. Bassi, J.S.C. Loo, T.T.Y. Tan, Bandgap engineering of ternary sulfide nanocrystals by solution proton alloying for efficient photocatalytic H2 evolution, NANO ENERGY, 2016, 26, 577-585.
5. P. Hu, C.K. Ngaw, Y.Y. Tay, S. Cao, J. Barber, T.T.Y. Tan and J.S.C. Loo. A “uniform” heterogeneous photocatalyst: integrated p–n type CuInS2/NaInS2 nanosheets by partial ion exchange reaction for efficient H2 evolution, Chem. Commun., 2015, 51, 9381-9384